Welcome to Scott and Heather Overby's blog. We are on a great adventure living in Weimar Germany where Scott is teaching math at Thuringia International School. It has not always easy but God has been directing us all the way and we are able enjoy this journey. Here we share stories from our Odyssey.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Job Hunt Update
I wanted to write a quick post updating you on our current job/living situation for next year. I (Scott) only had a one year temporary position at McMinnville High School, and as things stand right now, there is no full time math position opening up to re-apply to. I have been interviewing at multiple schools, and finally have a job offer!!! The catch, I have to pass my Advanced Math Test, which I took 2 weeks ago, and I won't know the results for another two weeks. The job will put as back in Gresham, which is where we would like to be when we start a family. These are exciting times, so be praying that those test results will come back positive.
Heather is almost done with her internship, only 12 more trips up to Portland from McMinnville. While she finishes that, I am going to be teaching summer school at McMinnville High School. My family leaves for the Czech Republic on Sunday, and this weekend Heather is playing in Good Shepherd's orchestra for the Patriotic Services. That's all for now, have a great weekend!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi guys!!!
Hang on Heather! Just 3 more weeks of internship! I'm praying the time will fly and before you'll know it you'll be done!! :)
And I'll be praying for those math test results too, Scott!!
I miss you guys! Hope you get to enjoy the summer too!
-neja
Post a Comment